How to Apply Marriage Certificate: A marriage certificate is a legal term in India stating that a husband and a wife are legally married.
The Supreme Court of India has made a marriage certificate mandatory in India since the year 2006. However, not everyone in India gets a marriage certificate after marriage.
Marriage Certificate Online Eligibility Criteria
- Male must be 21 and females should be at least 18 years old.
- Both should give valid consent freely and without any fear, external force or aggression.
- Spouses should not be in any type of forbidden relationship unless the custom is permitted by law.
- Neither should there be a legal and surviving spouse when applying for a second marriage.
Documents Required to apply for a Marriage Certificate in Tamil Nadu
- Application form
- Age Proof: Matriculation Certificate, Passport or Birth Certificate
- Address Proof
- Aadhar card
- Two passport size photographs
- One marriage photograph.
- Marriage invitation card
How to Apply Marriage Certificate Online in Tamil Nadu
Actually, there is no online application process for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu. Only the process is offline.
But if you have already applied for the certificate and have not received it or lost it, you can download it by going to the link https://tnreginet.gov.in/portal/
You can enter the details of the bride and groom to find your registration certificate and when you find it, you can download it and take a print out.
Offline Application Process for Marriage Certificate
- You will be given an appointment.
- On the date of the appointment, the couple has to be present before the registrar along with the witnesses.
- They have to sign in their respective places where the registrar will ask them to.
- The registrar will then declare them husband and wife.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both parties are required to visit the Subdivision Magistrate’s office together, under which either spouse is empowered.
Rs. 100 if you are following the Hindu Marriage
loving and caring.
The Tamil Nadu government has arranged for the How to Apply Marriage Certificate option. So that citizens can get their property documents quickly without any delay.