Paying electricity bills online is the easiest way to avoid standing in queues for electricity bill payment. Most states in India now pay bills online and Tamil Nadu is not far behind. The best way to make an online payment in Tamil Nadu is the TNEB / TANGEDCO portal.
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board is a power generation and distribution company, owned by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It was responsible for power generation, distribution, and transmission.
I can remember the days when we had to stand for even 2 hours. This became easier when we started paying EB bills online. The official website of TANGEDCO Limited for online payment of TNEB is www.tneb.in.
TNEB Online Payment Consumer Number
- Login to https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login?locale=ta Payment Gateway with your username and password
- You have to register first to pay the electricity bill. Already registered users can log in with your login credentials.
- Click on the New User option for new registration, then select your region and enter your registered number and click on the option for details.
- Enter your functional email ID, after completing registration a confirmation email with login page link is sent to your mail inbox.
- After that, the form will appear on the screen in which you will have to enter the details of all the concerned personnel and press the SUBMIT button.
- Will show you the details of your unpaid bills, you can select the bill for which you will have to pay two amounts. If there is no advance, the screen provides the option to pay in advance.
- The receipt will be generated after the payment is complete, you can download it and take a print out for future use.
TNEB Online Payment Debit Card |Checking
- To pay your bill with any bank’s debit card, you can choose any payment gateway.
- I have selected Axis Bank Gateway to pay with my KVB Visa Credit Card, as bank charges are low.
- Once you have selected the payment gateway, it will take you to the terms and conditions page. Click on the check box to agree and click on the confirmation button
- After payment is approved, you will be sent back to the TNEB website.
Choose the area code from the following and press Enter
- Chennai North
- Chennai South
How To Check TNEB Bill Status / Recepit
There is no need to register or login on the official site tangedco.gov.in. You can just enter your service number and start the TNEB bill status process. If you are still confused, here is a step-by-step guide.
- http://www.tangedco.gov.in/ You will find the home page of TNEB.
- Find the option of ‘Billing Service’ in the center of the page.
- Under Billing Service, find the option of Bill Status.
- Visit the Google Play Store and enter the following without any spaces in between(TANGEDCO App).
- Accept installed softwares from external sources (Settings -> Apps -> Unknown Sources Selected Areas)
- Open the downloaded apk file and install
Frequently Asked Questions
At the time of selection for the post, if there is a tie between two candidates, Preference will be given to the candidate who has completed TANGEDCO Apprentice training.
Go to the TNEB web portal https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login.
I hope you will understand the entire process of the TNEB online payment consumer number like my article. If you have any questions related to this information, please comment here. We will help you soon.